Saturday, July 31, 2010

Undone

This has been quite a busy week. Lots and lots going on - not the least of which is the wedding of one of my best friends tomorrow night. It's been a wonderful and chaotic few days.

But, yesterday, in the midst of (and maybe adding to) the chaos, I agreed to be on the worship team for one session of a conference that my church is throwing this weekend. While I wouldn't miss the wedding for the world, it does quite stink that the conference landed on the same weekend as the wedding. I so wish I could have attended both events....

And, so, anyway, I agreed to help with worship for one of the sessions, really just thinking that I'd be helping the worship team out and that it'd be my one chance to see at least a bit of what was going on at the conference. I had no idea of knowing just how blessed I'd be.

It may sound awful, but, as good as the conference session itself was, that wasn't the best part for me. It's not what blessed me. Yes, the worship was lovely. Yes, the teaching was fabulous. Yes, it was an honor to be helping lead worship and to get to pray for some folks at the end of the session. But, the best part of me was a simple conversation and prayer.

At the end of the session, I took a moment to thank the guest worship leader for a great talk she'd done a few nights before and for the fun it was to work with her that morning for the session. It'd really just been so refreshing to have the interactions I did with her throughout the week and I wanted to let her know that.

One thing led to another though, and soon I was in tears (the good kind) and she started praying for me. Now, mind you, at this point, I'd known this woman for roughly 48 hours. She knew little, if anything, about me...other than I was once the worship pastor of my church and had stepped down to pursue some other ministry opportunities. That was it.

But the prayer she prayed, and the insights she had into my heart and situations I've encountered over the past few years, absolutely stunned me. There's no way she could have known about the things on my heart like that. No way. And, so, I'm 100% convinced her words, insights, prayers and compassion came straight from the heart of God. She, as wonderful as she is, was just the beacon through which God revealed Himself and His love for me.

I can't explain how thoroughly undone I was (and still am) by His great love for me. His knowledge of who I am, of the things dear to my heart, of the pain I still carry about some stuff and His promise of restoration and healing. Wow. There really aren't adequate words.

But, perhaps there shouldn't be. Maybe I can't articluate this amazingness simply because I shouldn't. Maybe this is something that has profoundly blessed and changed me and yet shouldn't be shared with the world but instead, remain a personal and intimate moment between me and my Father in heaven.

Ahhhh, my prayer for you is that you have these amazing intimate moments with the Father too and that they undo you in the best possible ways as well.

No comments: